Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer13 JW

Last week as been a big transition as our lead project manager is leaving. I spent much time going over bid jobs and shop drawings wrapping my head around ever detail I may need to know once our project manager leaves. I also did a steel order take off for 26 canopies that I drew earlier last quarter. The last two days have been spent down in Seattle erecting  steel at an REI and silverdale. Rigging straps and hard hats!!

I have learned a lot this last month in project management, being detailed, organization, and time efficiency. All need to be considered and practiced in the new role I will be taking in the company. Being a man down and trying something new on my part should stretch me quite thin. Bend don't break... 

Included is a picture of the hanger plates (just a small part of these canopies) as well as the beam we erected. This beam was HSS 10x6x.5  and 63ft long! At the time of the picture we were somewhere around 70ft-80ft in the air. Up and over the parapet and wedge anchor and welded the rear of the structure. Quite the experience moving iron today. 

Hours:63

1 comment:

  1. You're doing good stuff Jared. Work safe, secure all loads, over rig.

    ReplyDelete